Thursday, February 8, 2007

turning over a newer new leaf

i have my very own 8mm projector now and watched almost all of the 8mm home movies my grandpappy left me. they are over saturated and blurry around the edges and have a nice crisp sort of graininess to them. i got the projector running, after only burning part of one film. just one frame. everything in them is uber 50's. women in dresses at parties and shiny pastel cars, lawns, cowboys and indians. it's nuts. and movie projectors are really cool.

still not sure how or if i'll use any of it in a project.

goals readjusted:
transfer a few more tapes to DV
send film stuffs to be digitized (i tried taping right from the projection but it was dark and just seemed sad somehow. i want full quality) have them send it to bennington. w00t.
send my friend alexei a fry daddy deep fat frier like i joked i would as a present for him letting me lay on his couch and eat all his food and do all his drugs. maybe i'll fill it with spam before sending it.

i can't wait to see so many of you in 1 week.

1 comment:

Lolo said...

I can't wait to see you! What day do you get here?
Can I see the movies?